Friday, November 21, 2008

Real Life - Struggles All Around Me

Let me begin by apologizing. Life has been busy and I haven't been posting as I should. This explains the absence of Real Life of a Christian for teh past few weeks, but is not a good excuse. I want to be here to support and uphold you and need you to do the same for me, but I have removed our connection to one another for such to happen. It is my shortcoming and I am sorry for the absence of this feature of my site. It is back and hopefully will remain a more permanant fixture from now on.

Now...onward.

Life has changed drastically since the last time we visited the Real Life of a Christian. There are many things that I need you to lift up in prayer. I firmly believe in the power of prayer, so I am passing along the needs of others as well so you can lift them up when they are weak.
  1. First of all, I would ask that you pray for our family. We recently found out that there will be a new edition of our family in June. Everything has been going well. I will tell you that I have experienced some scary symptoms that are often normal for many pregnancies, but since I did not experience them with my first, they have been frightening. Please pray that these symptoms have now subsided (going on 3 days without them right now) permanently and the health of the baby will continue to flourish. Also, on the same note, please pray that I can regain some of my energy soon and feel less sluggish and lethargic soon. I am constantly exhausted, and feel energy-less most of the time.
  2. Next, please pray for a bloggy friend of mine who just found out that they have miscarried their bundle of joy. She and her husband have been desperately praying and trying for a third child (after a prior miscarriage), and she was ecstatic when she found out she was expecting again. This week she learned that the baby has not survived and she is now beginning to pass it naturally.
  3. Next, a coworker's house burned to the ground Sunday night. It was a rental and his insurance will provide full coverage of the losses as well as temporary housing, but he is having a tough time dealing with the overwhelming feeling of loss. Some of the items he lost were of very touching sentimental value to him (possessions of his late mother as well as his journals) and in addition to losing priceless items, he is just dumbfounded by the severity of it all. No one was hurt (praise God, he was inspired to go to the gym because he was restless instead of falling asleep to possibly not awaken). However, I think he has not yet accepted it, as he has not yet started shopping for more clothes again (he has just what he was wearing and what was in his gym bag). He just needs the strength to pick up and move on and peace from God regarding the "why me" factor.
  4. Another coworker is dealing with some serious marital issues. He is trying desparately to piece together a marriage that he wife has given up on. He is making a lot of the right steps to making the changes he needs to and get them (as a couple) the help that they need to rebuild their relationship and keep together their marriage after 16 years. However, as you know, it will require both of them to be willing to make changes, forgive, and work really, really hard to put together what is currently wounded, broken, and hurting. It's not an easy task, but I know it is possible. I pray that God will provide him strength and guidance to continue trying to do what is right, and that she will be open to working out the issues that they have been battling for many years. It is going to be a long haul, and I pray for God's strength and guidance so that they are willing and successful at making the trip.
  5. My boss's house was broken into this past Monday. They have caught the guys and recovered anything that will be recovered, but pray for a renewal of a sense of security and safety in their own home. I can't possibly imagine the feeling of violation that they must be experiencing.

Wow...lots of heavy stuff this week. When it rains, it pours, right?

Seriously though, everyone on the list would greatly appreciate all of the spiritual support they can get!

What about you? Going through anything that you want people to pray about? It can be major, like the above, or it can be comparatively minor. No problem is too small or too large for God and He truly cares about each one of our struggles.

Please let a comment or your info in the Mr. Linky here and you will be on my list as well as those of other readers! God bless!



No comments: