Friday, December 5, 2008

Real Life - Not So Pleasant Surprises

Today's Real Life of a Christian is about surprises...and not those kind that you could excitedly find underneath your tree in a few weeks.

Yesterday I was completely blindsided. I will not go into detail just because I don' t want to share some of the more intimate details and make it appear that I'm blaming someone else for what happened, because I'm not.

However, yesterday I got a huge surprise. It's a situation with which I'm directly involved in that took me by total surprise. I feel like I should have known. I feel like I should have been told. But it doesn't lie totally in the hands of the person who should have told me. I honestly feel stupid for being naive enough not to realize it myself.

Okay, that's pretty vague, but I don't want to hurt anyone by implying blame or by anyone else inferring it, so I have to leave it at that. However, please know that a lot of changes are going to have to take place to rectify this situation and it's going to take some sitting down and planning from all parties involved. It is possible, but I am now taking a deep breath and trying to take in the changes that are going to take place and how to work with them. Pray for this situation (regardless of how little detail I've been able to give!). Pray that God will help us take care of it and guide us in the decisions on how to clear everything up and open up lines of communication that will prevent this from ever happening again.

On a note for a friend: I have a coworker whose wife has been in poor health for a long time. Two days ago she fell in the shower and bumped her head. She was taken to the ER and stitched up, but yesterday he took her to the doctor. This morning he is running about trying to get out here so he can go get the living will. Obviously the prognosis isn't good although I'm not clear on the details. Please pray for them though. If the result is not a healing, please pray for the family as well.

What about you? Do you have any needs that you would like us to pray for?



1 comment:

MyKidsMom said...

I know how it is to want to get out the word for needing prayer, but not always being able to give the details. I'll definitely pray for you to have wisdom and strength in dealing with this situation. Isn't it wonderful that we have someone (God) that we can bring ALL the details to and pour out our hearts to him. I honestly don't know what I'd do if I didn't have that avenue, and I don't nearly have the life challenges that some people have had.

My heart hurts for your co-worker. At any time this would be difficult, but during this season it is even more so. I will take time today to pray for him while it's fresh in my mind. I can't even imagine being in his shoes.

All of this has reminded me that I have wanted to have an area on my blog for prayer requests for my blogging friends. Sometimes I know having a list in front of my face is the best way to remember those who need my prayers the most. It also makes you feel like you're not alone when you have those especially heavy burdens to bear. I'm going to work on that this weekend. Take care~