Friday, August 8, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Have you noticed that this blog hasn't been very active? Before I started it, I felt that I had so much to say...so many things to talk about and to post. Now that the blog has been born, I seem to be at a loss for words most of the time.

Is this God trying to tell me that this isn't what He wanted me to do?

Was it my own egotism that felt that I have enough to say on behalf of my beliefs?

Is this Satan trying to keep me quiet?


Frankly, I don't have an answer. I wish I did.

Please pray for me and for guidance for this blog. I want to move...I don't want to sit still, but it seems I'm at a loss for words.

GIVE ME WORDS TO SPEAK
by Aaron Shust

Calloused and bruised
dazed and confused
My Spirit is left wanting something more
Than my selfish hopes
and my selfish dreams
I’m lying with my face down to the floor
I’m crying out for more

Give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep
Cause I can’t think of anything worth saying
But I know that I owe You my life
So give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep

Every night
every day
I find that I have nothing I can say
So I stand here in silence
awaiting Your guidance
I’m wanting only Your voice to be heard
Let them be Your Words

I just don’t understand this life that I’ve been living
I just don’t understand (x2)

I just don’t understand these lies I’ve been believing
I just don’t understand (x2)

Give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep
Cause I can’t think of anything worth saying
But I know that I owe You my life
So give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep

3 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

I'm not at all comparing the two, but I started a second blog myself, just to be able to vent/share items that I thought all my regulars of my "mommy blog" might not be interested in. Sometimes I have long absenses there, but it's nice to know that it's there if I want to use it. Once in a while someone nudges me to post there, and I usually do. Doing multiple blogs is an awful lot of work; I can't imagine keeping Mrs.Nespy's going myself with all the info you dig up for that. Have you thought of possibly just posting on Sundays? Or maybe two specific days a week that people would know to check in?

Some days it seems like one blog is too much work for me to keep up with, not to mention visiting my blogroll. Life sure does get busy.

Sheila Hill said...

Kaye,
Having just started a second blog myself, I completely understand! First problem with me is time. Second is what content to discuss if any.
Keep praying for God's direction. Pray for ears to listen. Pray for courage and strength to accept His answer.

Marcus Goodyear said...

You know, for me a blog is a play ground. Some weeks I really want to play. I run all over the place.

Other weeks, I go away by myself and keep my words to myself.

Mostly, I try to post something once a week. But blogging is only one place where I process in community. Sometimes I process at home. Sometimes at work. Sometimes on the blog...

It's a gift from God--not a chore. Enjoy the freedom of it. You're free to say what you want, which can mean you say nothing at all sometimes. It's all good in the end.