Thursday, September 4, 2008

Counting them one by one...

Remember that tomorrow we will once again post our needs and rejoicing for one another in our series The Real Life of a Christian.


However, today I wlil be joining my friend Sheila over at The Faithful Follower for today's segment of Count Your Blessings. I have so many, but I will list 5 of them here:


  1. Evidence that God Answers Prayers: Last week in my Real Life post, I noted how I need again to be surrounded by Christian girlfriends. Well, since then, I have been contacted by one local reader (local as in less than 5 miles from my house) who attends the same church I do. I'm really looking forward to hopefully getting to meet her in person. Also, I have met another young married woman who is new to the area and we had a lot to talk about. Lastly, I have come across a fellow believer and blogger who is about to move to an area outside of Savannah that's about 7 miles from my house. God is so good!
  2. Hanna is (mostly likely still) going to miss us: I hate to really rejoice in this because it means that someone else is getting hit, but I truly am glad that we're not going to get the direct hit that was predicted just 3 days ago. We may not have much more than some rain now!
  3. An awesome new Bible study: I hate to list this one here because I'm not supposed to repeat these later and I have a feeling that I'm going to continue to be thankful for them, but I have to praise God for the awesome weekly Bible study that I have just enrolled in. It's going to be a lot of work, but I can see how powerful it is going to be already!
  4. Good health for my family: No, I don't live as healthy of a lifestyle as I should and that's something I've been thinking about a lot lately. However, overall I have been blessed with much health and well-being and our son is perfect (almost!) =)
  5. Teachers I trust: Patrick's main teacher at school is a huge crush for him. However, not only does he love her, but we trust her completely. She is great about telling us when there has been a problem with him or if he is experiencing some issues at school. She also sits for us when we go out sometimes and we are so grateful for her!

What about you? What are you thankful for?

No comments: